Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sharing is our work!

I really enjoy using blogs to enhance this course. I feel like the content is presented in a modern form of communication and can grab the attention of students. There are a lot of skills that I have learned in this course. For example, posting links, pictures, graphs, and other information that I can share with a group of people. Anybody who wants to reach the information I want to share has it at their fingertips. In fact, one of the reasons I decided to be a science teacher is because of my enthusiasm to share what I know from my scientific standpoint. Blogger allows me to do this on a large scale.
I do not plan to make additional posts to this blog after the conclusion of this course because I want to preserve it in its current form. Because I want to use it as an artifact to enhance my teacher portfolio, I want this to display certain aspects of me; however, I would definitely consider using blogger in my future classrooms. I am so excited that I have learned multiple ways to teach students with technology and hope to use it to grab interest and increase the effectiveness of science collaboration.
I believe a strong teacher has a so- called tool belt. Rather than using one routine method for teaching, a strong teacher presents information in various forms. Everything in this course is going to be attached to my tool belt in the future.

My personal favorite media literacy is collective intelligence. In Blogger, I have "followed" my class mates, which means I allowed myself to view the work of my classmates.  A lot of times I find myself reading their responses to specific assignments and thinking about their work compared to mine. By doing this, I have learned a lot of information and I believe I have taught some information at the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment